「いいね!」 1

Welcome back, sir! :clap:

「いいね!」 1

英語版は↓にある。
https://tesl-ej.org/wordpress/

良い本。もっと早く読んどけばよかった。
和訳がまともかは知らん。英語版はとても良かった。

引用

I used a trick that I highly recommend to all my fellow linguaphiles who are serious about learning a language: sign up for a level much higher than what you are entitled to by your actual knowledge. Of the three levels available (beginner’s, intermediate, and advanced), I asked to be enrolled at the advanced level.

I have not found the magic password that springs open the lock on the gate of knowledge. One of the reasons is that there is no such password. If I still wish to relate my experience, I only do so because during this half-century, study has never been a burden for me but always an inexhaustible source of joy.

Whenever I am asked how I was able to succeed in many languages in a relatively short period of time, I always make a bow in spirit to the source of all knowledge: books. My advice to learners can thus be expressed in one word: read!

I am such an enthusiastic fan of monologues in foreign languages. If I talk with myself, I am relieved that my partner will not be indignant at long hesitations, grammatical agreements difficult to manage, and vocabulary gaps completed in the mother tongue. All I suggest is that monologues be silent. This is to avoid learning bad pronunciation from yourself and to prevent passersby from thinking that your tongue has been loosened by some alcohol.
With some willpower, you can develop the habit of discussing your experiences with yourself in a foreign language.
Again, it is only a matter of self-discipline.

Returning to books, the question arises: what shall we read? Answer: A text that is of interest to you. Interesse ist stärker als Liebe—as they put it in German. (Interest[edness] is stronger than love.) And interest beats the fiercest enemy:
boredom.

「いいね!」 1

なんか結局いちばん戦闘力が高くなるのって大量にやり続ける人ね。二十以上の言語で本が読めるとは羨ましい婆さんだ。

この手の本にしてはすっごい辛辣で僕好みだった。
『週に10時間から12時間くらいは最低でもおやりなさい。それが無理というなら、言語習得については一度お考え直しになったほうがよろしいわね』

↑こういう精神を失わずに勉強したい。僕に足りてないのはどう考えてもこれだ。

さて、僕の飽きっぽいのはどうやったら直るんだろうか。:roll_eyes:

「いいね!」 1

セネカの本もそうだったけど辛辣なのが好きだな、どうも。性格的に合う。

怠け者なのに辛辣なのが好きなのは矛盾してるけれども。:sloth:

「いいね!」 1

ふと気になってgoogleくん通してみたらなんだいこの翻訳は。まずいな。

主語の省略、漢字の訓による意味の不確定性、擬声語による場当たり的な修飾。
やっぱり日本語を機械的に翻訳するのは不可能なんじゃないかね。

Come to think of it, once there was a girl with trichotillomania sat next to my seat in the classroom.
Every time I talked to her, she cheerfully smiled and laughed back at my topics. Quite a cute person she was.

「いいね!」 2

翻訳機は基本的にお勉強の代替品にはならん。
意地悪で言ってんじゃなくて、ほんとにダメなのよな。

「いいね!」 2

このメッセージをどう翻訳するか長い間悩みました。結局、聞かない方が無難だと思いました。でも、あなたがすべて説明してくれました。私も髪の毛を抜いている人に会ったことがありますが、彼らは通常、何かを悩んでいる時にそれをします

「いいね!」 1

ああ、私の質問を精神的に察知して答えてくれたんだね、わかりました。

「いいね!」 1

Yeah, she always did that while she solving equations or doing some other tasks.
I don’t know what’s the best way to communicate with them, but, maybe just accepting them won’t be harm…maybe.

To be honest, I didn’t mind at all of her pulling the hairs. I was just enjoying the conversations with her.

I hope she was feeling the same way but I’m still not so sure.:upside_down_face:
She was a nice friend, quite nostalgic.:smiling_face_with_tear:

「いいね!」 1

I think you urgently need to find her social media account and write to her. And just ask how she’s doing. :nerd_face:

「いいね!」 1

Hahahaha, it would be quite creepy if I do that after 10+ years passed from that time.
“A mentally ill highschool friend suddenly saying hi to a fine woman”…? It’s just a recipe for going to jail.:sweat_smile:

「いいね!」 1

Alright, I won’t try to convince you, deep down I believe that you will write to her. We’re all mentally ill, so we can’t lock everyone up - jail wouldn’t be enough space. Today, I saw a program about one of the most famous Japanese singers who has autism.

「いいね!」 1

I wish we were just living in America or somewhere than this culturally strict archipelago. It’s much much much easier if I could talk to her in English…:rofl:

Help me!!! My English persona!!:robot:

Aside from the scheduled days and nights, it won’t be that bad…perhaps? :sloth:

Quite an interesting topic.:eyes:

「いいね!」 1

Yesterday, I was going out for dinner and saw a man standing right on the busy street masturbating. I was a bit surprised and asked my friends if this was allowed here? They told me it’s considered normal here, and I would encounter it more than once. So, cultural boundaries are not always a bad thing.

I’ve heard that in Japan, they are more lenient in terms of cultural norms, for example, they allow more vacation time and permit more casual conversations. Maybe you should pretend to be a foreigner? A French Comorian. :joy:
Also, I see on the internet that many Japanese do not adhere to these norms, and they are fine

「いいね!」 1

How come he hasn’t been put in jail yet?:grin:

「いいね!」 1

Wait, what…?:sweat_smile:

They sure have some bravery…
I never be able to do that in front of so many people. Even if a fantastic girlfriend giving me the empress order to do so…

Excuse moi mademoiselle, je voulais juste te dire bonjour.:kissing_heart:

OK, I need to learn French too.:rofl:

He didn’t touch any part of them…at least.:thinking:

You’ll definitely be the star if you make some travel videos, I think. :camera_flash:

「いいね!」 1

Well then, I’m off to shoot a video with the Vietnamese. Wait for the news releases with the crazy Russian.:smiling_imp::ghost:

「いいね!」 1

When I was just a kindergarten brat this game came out, and I played it every single day, literally everyday.

Many of my basic Japanese vocabularies acquired through this masterpiece, surprisingly.

Edit
Have been acquired

ロシア語のウィキペディア、発売日の情報間違えてる………誰だ編集した同志は。12月と11月を取り違えるのはまだわかるが、21日を29日と書くのは一体どこの情報だ。これは遺憾。:face_with_monocle:

「いいね!」 1